- Develop and adapt computer vision algorithms and supporting functions on embedded platforms for creating frictionless shopping applications.
- Work on product development, compliant with scram development processes.
- Research on new embedded architectures/platforms to ensure the organization remains abreast of all leading edge/emerging retail vision technologies.
- Support Intellectual Property activities and generate Invention Disclosure Memos to facilitate patent applications.
- Great people skills – a must!
- 4+ years of experience with software development using C/C++ on embedded platforms (e.g. ARM and DSP).
- 2+ years of experience in multi-core video processing algorithms.
- Familiarity with resource/load sharing and synchronization techniques for multi-core processing.
- Knowledge of basic computer vision algorithms and image formats.
- Background in development tools and methodologies (build systems, configuration management – Git/Hg, etc.).
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- High level of innovation and motivation.
- Knowledge of embedded processor internals (specific hardware blocks and peripherals).
- Exposure to object oriented software design principles.
- Experience with parallel programming in CUDA or OpenCL.
- Understanding of prototyping/scripting tools such as MATLAB, Python, OpenCV, etc.
- Retail industry experience – advantage.
- Relevant academic degree – advantage.