We are looking for a passionate, smart, and driven individual to head business operations for Shopic. The Director of Business Operations will be a key member of the leadership team and will be responsible for the implementation of the company’s strategy and work plan.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making with leadership audiences.
- Build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence.
- Develop and utilize frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, drive visibility, and facilitate alignment.
- Lead day to day operations and deliver on strategy and operational plans from the planning process against the strategic vision for the company.
- Establish an operating rhythm of the business to ensure the organization is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives.
- Find and pursue cost reduction opportunities.
- Manage centralize repository of processes and improve processes to minimize complexities and optimize to promote effective operations.
- Gather and analyze data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize findings, develop go-forward plans and help drive and translate recommendations into results.
- Author, manage, and deliver executive level reporting, including weekly, monthly, quarterly status reports to manage risks and issues and improve team communication and collaboration.
- Develop and track key KPIs across the team to track strategic goals, milestones and accomplishments.
- Build the framework for the analysis behind company-wide strategic decisions related to all functions.
- Run organizational planning and business rhythm process in alignment with all other functions to develop vision, mission, goals, objectives and key results (OKRs), resource and capital plans, etc.
- Take complete ownership of projects/ programs from cradle to grave: business case, scope, cost, schedule, action cycles, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and milestones.
- Plan and manage budget including annual, quarterly and monthly expense tracking.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, such as in consulting, corporate development, venture capital, strategy, and/or business operations.
- An outgoing, dynamic personality, and excellent communication skills.
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insight.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, with comfort building scenarios and forecasting models.
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch.
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively with software developers and executives alike.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to troubleshoot problems and think on your feet in a fast paced environment.
- High level of English – both verbal and written.
- Excellent work ethic, relentless attention to detail and superior analytical skills.